Website Privacy Notice
This website privacy notice describes how Early Bairds Children’s nursery LTD protects and makes use of the information you provide when you use our website or mobile App.
If you are asked to provide information when using this website, it will only be used in the ways described in this privacy notice. Our Website Privacy notice is intended to inform you of how we use the information that you provide. In order to sustain our business and provide products and services, it is essential that we collect certain information about our customers and members. The information that we collect informs our business planning and allows us to provide services and products that are tailored to meet the requirements of the site users/customers.
We have appointed Heidi as our lead Data Protection Officer. They have overall responsibility for monitoring this privacy notice and to ensure effective implementation.
As part of our information gathering our website may collect the following information from site visitors and customers:
- Name, Gender, and age
- Postal Address
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information
- Personal interests
- How often visitors spend on specific pages and how often pages are visited
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information relating to special offers and surveys
The main reasons for collecting the data is to ensure that we are delivering the services that are specific to you and help us to deliver improved services, this raising quality.
Specifically, we may use data to:
- Inform our own business records and documentation
- To improve the services, we provide to our children and families
- To contact parents and guardians in the event of emergencies and as part of ongoing commitment to working in direct partnership with parents.
- To ensure that parents/guardians are kept up to date with relevant information
- To send you promotional emails about products
- To send out information pertaining to extra services that we may offer to parents such as First Aid Classes and Parents Evening sessions
- To contact you via email, telephone or facetime to ask you to provide data for ongoing nursery research
How we collect information from our visitors
When we think about cookies, we usually conger up images small rounded delicious chocolatey filled biscuits, but sadly in the realms of internet technology we find ourselves thinking of files which are placed within our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
These Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They allow our setting to gain a much deeper understanding of what people are looking at, thus providing an insight into the references of visitors.
One of the benefits of Cookies is that they enable our setting to identify how many people have visited our website and for what purpose. This information feeds into our planning and allows us to analyse web traffic, identify who is signed into the site, what pages are being visited as well as recognise when you return to our site. The Cookies will also store the information and the preferences of each user again presenting interesting facts, likes and interests of the individual visiting.
Please note that Cookies DO NOT in any way allow our systems to penetrate your own devices. The information taken is only the information that you the user chooses to share with us.
You do have the option to change the options of your own web Browser’s cookie settings. For example, should you choose not to have data collected from our website, you are able to set your web browser to prohibit cookies. If you decide to do this, then some of the functions and elements of our site may not work properly on your device, and some services may not be available to you.
Please note that unless you have manually changed your own web browser to refuse our cookies, then our website will continue to issue cookies when you visit each page.
Opting in or Out
Our website is connected to our own internal Customer Relations management service, this allows us to store data which is key to driving the business forward as well as meeting the requirements of our customer. When clients fill in data forms on our webpage the information is sent directly to our CRM systems allowing us to process the data and send out relevant information to you. However, you do have the choice whether or not to receive such emails, as by law we have to offer an opt in /opt out system.
Customers are provided with the opportunity to unsubscribe from our email database. You can simply let us know by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the email that you received, and this allows us to amend your preferences and you will instantly stop receiving emails from us. sent to you by changing your preferences. Please be aware that from time to time newsletter and parents evening dates are sent through via email so you may miss these
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under NO circumstances will we ever distribute, sell on, or lease your personal information to any third-party companies without first obtaining your permission. This is NOT our policy
We take the security of our website and devices very seriously which is why we are protected by Bitdefender through a managed service. The managed service allows for our website to be scanned on a regular basis for possible threats and vulnerabilities.
External links on our Website
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/